When I first saw the Reuleaux (pronounced Roo Low as far as I can tell), my first thought was, “Who is going to carry THAT around?” Turns out, the answer is me and lots of other people too. Compared to the DNA200 version of this same device and the slew of other DNA200 boxes out there, the features of the RX200 are unbeatable at the price. 200 TRUE watts, up to 9 volts is just nutz, but they also do temperature control with nickel, titanium, stainless, and even user definable temperature coefficients (if you’re a super vape technician). One of the craziest enjoyable vapes I’ve ever had was using dual 4mm 7 wrap stainless Clapton coils in an Ohmega Alpha BFT in stainless temperature control mode at 175 wattts/520F. The TC let the ramp up be super short and kept it from going straight to a burnt hit.
So what about that huge form? Take it from me, you can’t judge it until you’ve held it in your hand. It’s not the impossibly large and hard-to-hold-onto brick it appears to be. Instead it is a very ingenious use of ergonomics which actually feels better in the hand than a lot of smaller boxes because its actually designed with your hand in mind. But WHY? Because of those three 18650 batteries, that’s why. Here’s the punch line: It’s not just about getting an extra 50% more battery. Because they’re a series, it takes the available voltage from a nominal 7.5ish to a formidable 11ish. It’s like driving a truck with an over-sized motor: You never need to push it very hard.
The result is with the exact same build that consumed 3 sets of batteries per day on a two battery regulated series, I can now vape all day on one set. The extra wasted power for the boost circuit and the higher stress of pushing the battery chemistry really hard is gone.
And now there are even more color options. If I didn’t already have too many mods, one being an RX200, I’d be all over that red and white one. I’ve always liked fire trucks.
PROS: Affordable, POWER, battery life, features, USB firmware upgrades, ergonomics, styling.
CONS: Heavy, USB port shouldn’t be used to charge, 510 pin is not very deep, built to be affordable, not last forever.
OVERALL: It’s really nice to be able to leave the house with one mod and no extra batteries and know I’ll be alright.
SPECS (collected from various sources):
- Dimensions: 50.0mm x 40.0mmx 84.0mm
- Designed by Jay Bo
- Nickel, Titanium, Stainless Steel Temperature Control Modes/Wattage Mode
- 3 user-defined heat coefficient modes for non-standard TC wires
- Optimized Heat Dissipation Design
- 510 Spring Loaded Contact Pin
- Magnetic Battery Back Cover
- 0.69 inch OLED Screen
- Resistance Range for TC: 0.05 – 1.0 ohm
- Resistance Range for VW: 0.1 – 3.5 ohm
- Variable Wattage Range: 1.0W – 200.0W
- Temperature Adjustment Range: 100-315°C / 200-600°F
- Requires (3) High Amp 18650 batteries (Sold Separately)
- **All (3) batteries must be the same brand and model. Discharge and recharge the (3) batteries together for maximum efficiency**
- **We recommend an external charger for optimal charging**
- Upgradeable Firmware
- Stealth Function
- Reverse Polarity Battery Protection
- Battery charge differential protection