So for the second time this week, I’m announcing a new mod. As predicted the August 8th deadline to have everything on every drawing board on Earth on the market is flushing some really good stuff out of the woodwork. This time, it’s the name we all love! Sigelei has re-released its high dollar 213 as a “Fuchai” which in Sigelei terms means “much more for your money”. The differences between this model and the high dollar are very short and sweet. It’s made from aluminum which makes it lighter and, in my opinion, better. It also has a minor tweak to its TCR calculation to make that easier for any super-geek vapers out there.
I grabbed one to check it out thoroughly, and I have to say, I want one! It fits the hand so beautifully, which is important to me. On top of that, I use a lot of stainless and it really handles that well with three supported stainless types. Of course it kicks butt in plain old wattage mode as well. It’s like the old Sigelei 150’s smaller, stronger, smarter brother.
A feature worth mentioning is the very intuitive menu design. It seems these days, as devices get more features, their menu systems get harder to operate. I don’t know who the usability design expert was on this, but they deserve some serious praise. I found every setting it has without even reading the manual and there are a lot of them. You can go simple and just set it for Power mode, or get really deep into custom wire types and everywhere in between. It even has a temperature compensation setting. If you find 570 degrees just doesn’t feel right, go in and add a hundred!
Come check it out at Smoky Mountain Vapes in Pigeon Forge!
PROS: Super ergonomic, super flexible, light, compact, great quality, affordable.
CONS: Only two batteries, intricate menu system, 7.5 volt max output.
OVERALL: I think this will be as much of a “standard” as the old 150.
SPECS (collected from various sources):
- Dimensions: 3-1/2″ x 1-5/8″ x 1-1/8″
- Spring-loaded Contact Pin
- Stainless Steel 510 Threads
- Operating Wattage: 10.0 – 213.0 W
- Output Voltage: 1.0 – 7.5 V
- Temperature Control: Nickel 200 (Ni200), Titanium (Ti), Stainless Steel 304, 316, 317 (SS), TCR, TFR Modes
- Now Utilizes Celsius Based TCR Calculation
- Temperature Range: 100 – 300°C / 200-570°F
- Resistance Range: 0.1 – 3.0ohm
- Maximum Working Current: 35A
- Aluminum Alloy Construction
- Requires (2) High Amp 18650 Batteries (Sold separately)
- *External charger recommended for optimal charging speeds*
- Sliding Battery Door Cover
- OLED Display Screen
- Micro USB Balance Charging Port (DC 5V/2A)
- High Input Voltage Warning
- Reverse Battery Protection
- Battery Imbalance Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Overheating Prevention