eLeaf’s new iStick 100W TC isn’t just an “update to their non-TC 100W”. It’s a whole new platform bringing the best features of older platforms and new features meeting the best currently on the market.
Imagine the width, depth, and curve of the iStick 50W, one of the most comfortable-to-hold regulated mods ever made. Now make it just a little taller. Next, steal the XCube II’s full side button, but make it integrated into a battery door, give it a mechanical lock, and make it resistant to jamming. Since we want maximum battery life for TC and low-ohm applications, let’s make it a parallel box instead of a series like most two battery mods on the market. (It runs on one battery or two?! Cool!) And let’s not forget to add a real functioning USB charging port so we don’t need an external battery charger. Oh, and software updates would be nice too, so let’s make the USB charging port also support firmware upgrades. (One has already been issued raising it to 120W.)
But we want the electronics to be on-par with other top devices like the RX200 right? So put a chip in it that handles plain old power mode as well as temperature control on nickel, titanium, and stainless. Those user-definable TCR modes the RX200 supports are nifty too, so let’s add those. And just in case we want to squeeze every last drop of power from our batteries, how about an option to bypass the electronics and fire straight to the pin? Of course, we’ll want a slew of low resistance, low voltage, and over heat protection too.
It is after all an eLeaf, so we better make all this go for less than fifty bucks.
Pros: Very inexpensive for the feature set, some of the best ergonomics on the market, packed with features, software upgradable, no external charger required, sturdiest eLeaf construction yet.
Cons: Made to be affordable, no variable voltage mode.
Overall: This is a great device for those who need power, features, and battery life on a budget.
Specs (collected from various sources):
- Product Dimensions: 52mm x 23mm x 94mm
- Power Mode: 1 to 100W Output Wattage, 0.1 to 3.5 ohm
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Now Available to Upgrade to 120W!
- TCR Controllable Temperature Output
- Ni200 Nickel Support
- Titanium Support
- Stainless Steel Support
- Three TCR Modes
- Base Resistance Lock Functionality
- TC Mode: 200 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit, 0.05 to 1.5 ohm
- Dual Magnetized Doors
- Cut Away Both Sides
- Utilizes 1 or 2 High Amperage 18650 Batteries (Sold Separately)
- Parallel Battery Structure
- Can Be Run in Single Battery Mode, 75W Maximum
- Dual Battery Mode, 100W Maximum
- Centrally Located Control Face
- Adjustment and Mode Buttons
- OLED Display
- Stealth Firing Mechanism Doubles as Battery Door and Can Be Mechanically Locked
- Comfortable and Ergonomic
- 1A Micro USB Charging and Firmware Update Port
- Low Voltage Protection
- Temperature Protection
- Advanced Temperature Alert
- Atomizer Protection
- Short Circuit Protection